Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sean's France Trip: Part 2 (Avignon, Pont du Gard, & Tours)

Now we move onto the second part of my trip! 
This part I went to Avignon, Pont du Gard(aqueduct), and Tours.
As the trip progressed I understood the different parts of French culture. Paris is usually the initial thing someone thinks of when someone brings up France. Taking French for four years and learning about the culture I still focused more on Paris. I am glad that the trip moved from southern France to Paris because it showed me other great things besides Paris. 

This is the half-bridge(Not sure of the real name) in Avignon. The currents of the river caused the bridge to collapse, but they kept rebuilding. They finally gave up on it and it gained fame from this so they just left it like this! 


We walked to the top of a palace, that looked like a fortress, and there was a beautiful view of the fields across the river. 
There was good views of down the river, too!
It led to a park that had many statues. 
After exploring the park, we got to explore Avignon!
Every town that we visited was amazing!

 I thought it was funny they had a restaurant called the American. 

The next day, we went to Pont du Gard. It is a Roman aqueduct built in the first century. This is the largest section that is still standing. It has withstood floods and storms that have reached. They sure knew how to build things back then!
We go to swim under the arches. The water was freezing and it looks a lot closer than it really is. It was so worth swimming underneath it. When can you swim underneath an aqueduct?!
After Pont du Gard, we went to do some calligraphy and fencing! We just practiced some letters and I did better then I thought. 
 This is the instructors calligraphy! I wish I could say this is mine, but he did it so effortlessly.  
 We learned the basics of fencing, but did theatrical fencing. 
 We had to practice different moves and put them together to create an interesting fight scene! I am showing who is boss by knocking the saber out of his hand!
 More food! I attempted to take pictures of every meal, but sometimes I would just skip them on accident! This is a yummy quiche!
 I starting eating the pasta, then I was like, "Oh crap! I need to take a picture!"
Can't have a dinner without a desert! The 9 days I was in France I probably ate the most deserts/pastries then I would in like 6 months! 

That is my second part of my France trip! 
If you have any questions about France or any more details about my trip feel free to ask!
I will answer with the best of my knowledge! 

Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello cupcakes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...